Vice President Ticket Sales & Services, Franchise Operations - Monumental Sports & Entertainment
Monumental Sports & Entertainment is a values driven organization. Our leaders and our employees share a common passion and enthusiasm for bringing fans the ultimate experience, first-class customer service, and exceptional teams that compete with the best year after year. To deliver these outcomes, we stay transparent, nimble and always ready to take a calculated risk. We also strive to raise the game internally, keeping a sharp focus on measurable performance, data-driven decisions and a culture of teamwork and collaboration from our leaders all the way down to our interns. By treating each other with respect, honesty and integrity we continue to help each other remain humble and have fun. After all, we are in the business of happiness.
The Monumental Sports & Entertainment family is made up of teams from major league sports, large venues that host a wide range of live events, a broadcast network for digital, mobile and OTT platforms, and a host of innovative data-driven partnerships and services.
What connects every member of our family is a commitment to raising the game through innovations that create extraordinary experiences. These experiences are what have made us America’s leading sports and entertainment family. And our focus on constantly elevating every aspect of the experiences we provide is what will continue to make us Monumental.
This role is responsible for sales and service of a full menu of ticket products for both the WNBA Washington Mystics and the NBA G-League Capital City Go-Go, playing at the Entertainment & Sports Arena (ESA) in Congress Heights, Washington, DC. The Vice President, Ticket Sales & Service is responsible for leading a staff of dedicated sales associates to achieve target revenue and ticket sales goals, as well as managing a staff of dedicated service associates that handle all season ticket members. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, of Business Operations for Franchise Basketball.
This position is designed to support Team Business Operations in five ways:
1. Sell and service season ticket memberships (renewal and new)
2. Sell and service partial plan ticket packages
3. Sell and service group tickets 4. Train, lead and manage a team of sales associates (5) and service associates (2)
5. Oversee use of community tickets (complementary) and partnership tickets
· Develop strategy for ticket sales to reach team revenue goals
o Develop a comprehensive annual ticket sales strategy plan for each Team
o Strategic plan will include direction for new and existing products, pricing models, target customers, go-to-market strategy and success metrics & analytics
o Includes collaboration with internal Business Intelligence team on market place insights & robust modeling
o Includes development and subsequent management of robust sales campaign integrating Marketing, Digital Marketing, Email Marketing, Ticket Operations and other internal departments
o Includes identifying and prospecting new markets and corresponding prospects, including B2C and B2B opportunities
· Manage a staff of five (5) full-time sales associates
o Developing comprehensive sales campaigns to be executed by the sales associates
o Provide weekly and daily sales activity direction, setting and reviewing sales goals
o Provide consistent and ongoing training and mentoring of the staff
o Establish both team and individual sales goals, providing ongoing visibility to sales associates and management regarding progress to goal
o Monitor volume of outbound phone calls, face to face appointments and reporting of sales results
o Join associates on sales calls and appointments to instruct on and assist with the sales process where applicable.
o Ensure all activities documented in CRM system and maintain strong record keeping
· Manage two (2) full-time service associates to create a best-in-class experience for season ticket members, group attendees, and single game attendees
o Develop comprehensive service campaigns to be executed by the service associates
o Provide weekly and daily service activity direction, setting and reviewing service goals
o Provide consistent and ongoing training and mentoring of the staff
o Establish both team and individual service goals, providing ongoing visibility to service associates and management regarding progress to goal
o Monitor volume of outbound phone calls, face-to-face appointments and fan sentiment scores
o Join service associates on service calls and appointments to instruct on and assist with serving accounts where applicable
o Ensure all activities document in CRM system and maintain strong record keeping
· Develop, sell, and execute of group sales with corresponding group experiences
o Identify, research and secure lead information for targeted groups
o Establish group sales goals for sales associates and monitor performance against goal
o Host group events outside of game days to promote future group sales
o Manage group engagement on-site, including Fan Experience Packages (FEPs)
· Partner with the Director of Community Engagement & Fan Development to ensure that complimentary tickets are delivered, utilized and optimized.
· Provide regular reporting for Management
o Track and report daily, weekly and monthly sales figures and relevant accountability and performance analytics reports
o Must meet or exceed individual and team sales goals
· Manage the departmental budget for the Ticket Sales & Service Team
· Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required. Take an active role in the game day experience, including managing staff, season ticket member engagement, prospecting appointments, sales tables, planholder hub management, and in-game events/fan experience packages.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and sales experience.
· Minimum of 5 years successful ticket sales experience with a pro or college sports team.
· Have at least 2-3 years of successful sales management experience, having managed a team of sellers
· Must be familiar with and have a strong passion for the business of sports.
· Must possess an aggressive, competitive and dedicated attitude.
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with both internal and external clients, partners and team members at all levels of the organization.
· Results-oriented approach to both selling and sales management.
· Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and manage a dual role requiring both management of a staff, as well as that of numerous business relationships in a professional manner.
· Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Basic proficiency with computers and MS Office programs.
· Experience with Archtics and Ticketmaster is strongly preferred.