MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES - PARTNERSHIP SALES MANAGER(CLOSED)
Updated: Oct 17, 2022
Founded in 1989, the Wolves qualified for the playoffs eight consecutive seasons from 1997-2004, advancing to the Western Conference Finals in ‘04. The team would make another playoff appearance in 2018, and again in 2022 after finishing 7th in the West, the team’s best finish in 18 years. Momentum of 2021-22 season resulted in franchise-breaking records in season ticket sales, single game ticket revenue and corporate sponsorship revenue.
Founded in 1999, the Lynx remain a model franchise in the league and were twice named Franchise of the Year in 2017 and 2018. The team has won four WNBA championships – 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017 and have made the playoffs 11 consecutive seasons, the longest active streak in the league for playoff appearances. The team employs a diverse all-female and former player coaching staff including Head Coach and General Manager Cheryl Reeve, Associate Head Coach Katie Smith, and assistant coaches Plenette Pierson and Rebekkah Brunson.
This position is responsible for generating new and incremental revenue through the sales of Team-controlled corporate partnership inventory.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions
1. Research, prospect and establish leads for corporate relationships for the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, T-Wolves Gaming, and Target Center.
2. Sustain a high level of outbound sales activity (including but not limited to calls, digital communication, and face to face meetings) so as to drive a successful sales process.
3. Identify potential partner needs and objectives and use this information to develop corporate partner proposals.
4. Coordinate and deliver corporate partner presentations plus all related items including collateral materials, audio-visual resources, etc.
5. Work closely with the Partnership Activation Department to ensure contract fulfillment.
6. Manage a protected list of corporate prospects to maximize the sale of fully integrated sponsorships.
7. Work closely with Business Intelligence department to effectively utilize all research vehicles such as Scarborough, Nielsen, and other organizational tools.
8. Utilize CRM tracking tools and existing sales processes to track progress toward preset goals.
9. Work game days to entertain existing and potential clients.
10. Meet and exceed sales goals for the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, T-Wolves Gaming and Target Center (with special attention on net revenues) in all major categories.
**Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time**
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, OTHER:
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
2. Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
3. Knowledge of CRM is preferred.
4. Ability to work well on a team and independently.
5. Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years of sales experience required; corporate advertising, media or other Partnership sales preferred.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM-5:00PM. In addition to working office hours, staff may be required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games as well as external events, including charity and networking events. Hours may include, nights, weekends, and holidays. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps as well as moderate levels of noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer, and telephone. Staff may occasionally ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff will frequently move boxes of merchandise and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position will require travel to external events.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.