Sonoma Raceway (SR) is located on approximately 1,600 acres in Sonoma, California and consists of a 2.52- mile, twelve-turn road course, a 1/4-mile modern dragstrip, and a modern, expansive industrial park. SR is located in a top-ten media market, and is one of only two road courses on the NASCAR Cup Series race schedule.
For NASCAR Cup and other racing, SR’s road course is reconfigured into a 10-turn, 1.99-mile course by creating “The Chute”, which connects Turns 4 and 7 and provides spectators with improved sightlines and expanded viewing areas. SR also has a world-class 16-turn, three-quarter mile karting center.
SR installed a large number of solar panels and a large, solar-powered LED display board as part of their “green initiatives”, which offset portions of their overall energy needs. SR has permanent seating capacity of approximately 47,000 (many are hillside terrace seats), including 27 luxury suites, and provides temporary seating and other general admission seating arrangements along its 2.52-mile road course.
Speedway Motorsports, LLC is a leading marketer, promoter and sponsor of motorsports entertainment in the United States.
• Atlanta Motor Speedway
• Bristol Motor Speedway
• Charlotte Motor Speedway
• Kentucky Speedway
• Las Vegas Motor Speedway
• New Hampshire Motor Speedway
• Sonoma Raceway
• Texas Motor Speedway
The Company, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates the following premier facilities:
The Company provides souvenir merchandising services through its SMI Properties subsidiaries; manufactures and distributes smaller-scale, modified racing cars and parts through its U.S. Legend Cars International subsidiary; and produces and broadcasts syndicated motorsports programming to radio stations nationwide though its Performance Racing Network subsidiary.
The Vice President of Sales at Sonoma Raceway is responsible for leading the local sales team to meet or exceed B2B sales goals.
They are responsible for cultivating relationships with clients and coaching the sales staff on
successful sales strategies.
Vice President of Sales at Sonoma Raceway is responsible for the implementation, coaching, and improvement of the Speedway Motorsports sales process.
• Lead and motivate staff to generate sponsorship sales, premium suite and hospitality sales, facility rentals and improve customer service with clients.
• Cultivate lasting relationships with customers to grow and retain existing clients.
• Work with clients to better understand their business needs and goals.
• Ensure a consistent full pipeline for all speedway events.
• Advise and assist business development executives in creation of custom-tailored sponsorship concepts, proposals/recommendations and presentations for current and prospective clients.
• Coach business development executives to improve sales skills and CRM usage.
• Collaborate with Speedway Motorsports national sales team in the development of strategies, plans and initiatives relative to new and renewal business development.
• Work within a collaborative team environment with other speedway sales leaders and teams.
• Work and collaborate with sales operations team to follow and improve sales operations and enablement.
• Maintain up-to-date sales activities (Salesforce CRM), commission reports and expenses.
• Manage sales team on CRM usage and adoption ensuring accurate financial, sales activity and pipelines for internal reporting.
• Monitor and analyze high velocity sales usage metrics and provide feedback and coaching to business development executives.
• Responsible for the implementation of the Speedway Motorsports sales process
• Develop and promote event-based sales goals and objectives.
• Ensure all contractually obligated assets are fulfilled.
• Meet and exceed department sales revenue targets for each major event and fiscal year.
• Develop and maintain department budgets.
• Manage and oversee the daily operations of the speedway sales department.
• Other duties as assigned.