One Maryland Collective was established in 2023 to serve all 20 sports and 500+ student-athletes at the University of Maryland. Our mission is to work with student-athletes to maximize their name, image, and likeness (NIL) in the community.
This role will be focused on NIL efforts for the collective and all Maryland student-athletes. The Executive Director will oversee the staff for the collective. The Executive Director will be the face of the organization and will work with all constituent groups across athletics, community leaders and national support groups and chapters.
• Management – Create, communicate, and implement the collective’s vision, mission, and overall direction. Build trusted relations with key partners and stakeholders. Build and lead a growing team to support the NIL efforts at Maryland. The team will comprise event and engagement, marketing, sales, communication, and service individuals. Determine where
each team member must be based to maximize productivity. Evaluate the success of the organization in reaching its goals. Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and NIL industry. Represent the organization for civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and the national level.
• Strategy and Tactics - Develop high-quality business strategies and plans, ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives. Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce results consistent with the overall strategy and mission. Make high-quality decisions to advance the business and increase results towards crucial
• Revenue Generation – Work with donors and local businesses who wish to engage with these student-athletes. Raise new revenue from identified donors, businesses, and individuals. Provide strategic summaries and plan meetings with key donors/supporters.
• Athletics Administration – Work as the primary liaison for NIL with athletics and university administration. Enforce adherence to legal guidelines, university policies, and in-house policies.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university
• At least eight (8) years of experience in marketing/event planning, sports sponsorship activations, or college athletics events
• Demonstrated understanding of Name, Image, and Likeness as it relates to the collegiate athletics space
• Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong and lasting relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
• Strong communication, organization, and presentation skills
• Conscientious attention to detail, proactive and self-motivated
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-level results
• Ability to travel and work nights/weekends as needed
• Role is located in or near College Park, MD