NASHVILLE SOCCER CLUB - VICE PRESIDENT OF FACILITY OPERATIONS
Updated: Jul 28
Built in the heart of Nashville’s Wedgewood-Houston neighborhood, GEODIS Park is one of the premier sports and entertainment destinations in the United States. The 30,000-seat stadium is the largest soccer-specific stadium in the United States and Canada, featuring a 360-degree canopy, a 65-foot-wide shared concourse and a safe standing supporter’s section. With just 150 feet of distance between the last row of seats and the touchline, GEODIS Park offers an electric matchday experience bringing fans closer to the action than ever before.
Nashville Soccer Club and GEODIS Park is looking for an experienced operations executive to serve at the Vice President of Facility Operations. This individual will join the senior leadership team and should possess a strong facilities/venue background, the ability to lead a team across multiple sites, and technical knowledge of total integrated facilities management. The Vice President of Facility Operations will oversee a variety of facilities including a 30,000-capacity soccer stadium, professional sports training center, youth development academy, and executive offices all located in the Nashville, Tennessee area. This role will include the management and oversight of security, culinary, building systems, janitorial, field/grounds maintenance, building life cycle, and event operations management. This position requires a strategic leader who can manage complex projects, the ability to successfully integrate services, and lead a diverse team. The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator, strategic, collaborative, forward thinking, can empower his/her team, and can focus on the big picture. This individual should be comfortable with change and critical timelines. In addition, the candidate must possess demonstrated experience of delivering results within deadlines as well as demonstrating a collaborative nature to inter-departmental working and problem solving.
The Vice President of Facilities Operations leads facilities management/operations of multi-site operations with a team across various disciplines. This position leads the integration of processes within the operational aspects of the organization, to maintain and develop the facilities which support and improve the effectiveness of the core business (professional soccer and live venue-based events). At the organizational level, the Vice President of Facilities Operations contributes to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives by managing facility costs, maximizing and improving productivity, and efficiently executing key activities and services of the organization through the venues and facilities. This position ensures a safe and efficient working environment, that is essential to the performance of the business. The Vice President of Facilities Operations manages construction work, regular and long-term maintenance, and life cycle planning of the facilities, including, on occasion, coordinating and/or overseeing contracted services for construction projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong operational leadership of multiple locations.
• Ability to deliver exceptional soft/hard facilities and event management services and solutions.
• Through operational excellence, provide continued innovation and value-added services.
• Develop exceptional interdepartmental relations.
• Efficiently problem solve.
• Build and foster relationships across the organization internally, to ensure growth and provision of comprehensive solutions for the entire organization.
• Collaborate with the management team to provide strategic direction and growth.
• Drive solutions that optimize the venue portfolio.
• Lead his/her team’s growth and development through mentoring, coaching and succession planning.
• Ensure the organization's core values are modeled and driven throughout the operations team.
• Strong financial acumen: ability to create and manage budgets and tender processes.
• Proven ability to manage suppliers and contractors.
• Experience in a facilities/venue multi-site management role.
• Experience in an operational role that required leadership and team development skills.
• Experience in managing maintenance and building service contracts and processes.
• Ability to be a collaborative team player.
• Ability to contribute to strategic planning as part of a senior team.