MOUNTAINSTAR SPORTS GROUP - MANAGER/DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES
MountainStar Sports Group’s focus is on the acquisition, development, and operation of professional sports and entertainment opportunities. Currently, MSSG owns and operates the El Paso Chihuahuas, the Triple-A affiliate of the San Diego Padres of Major League Baseball, and El Paso Locomotive FC, a soccer club in USL Championship. They are a co-owner of FC Juárez of Mexico's Liga MX in the Mexican Football Federation.
El Paso Chihuahuas: The El Paso Chihuahuas are the Triple-A affiliate of the San Diego Padres. Since the gates opened at Southwest University Park in 2014, more than 3.3-million guests have attended Chihuahuas games and the team has won numerous awards for providing the highest quality and most affordable entertainment in the Borderplex region. The organization is recognized for its safe, first class, family-oriented environment found at every game throughout the season and for all entertainment options all year long.
El Paso Locomotive FC: El Paso Locomotive FC is El Paso’s premier soccer club, competing in USL Championship. The club reached back-to-back Western Conference finals in its first two years of play and earned a third consecutive playoff berth in its third year. The Locomotive won the Copa Tejas Supporter’s Trophy in 2021 and became the first team to win the Copa Tejas shield as the best team in Texas across three leagues.
Southwest University Park:
Nestled in the heart of downtown El Paso, Southwest University Park (SUP) offers a unique setting for your event. Whether it is a 5K race on the field, and office party in the WestStar Club, or a reception in the Sun Kings Saloon, Southwest University Park is the perfect venue.
A former Ballpark of the Year in 2014, Southwest University Park offers majestic views of the Franklin Mountains and Downtown El Paso Skyline. Designed by architecture firm, Populous, the ballpark is situated on a little more than five acres of land. SUP consistently ranks in the top three attended stadiums in all of Minor League Baseball.
Southwest University Park incorporates El Paso’s rich history with its unique design. The red brick exterior resembles the nearby Union Depot and includes a box car-like façade and archway along the concourse. Position Overview:
The Manager/Director of Facilities plays a key role in the daily maintenance and management of the stadium and handling all elements of the operational components related to the site on game days and events.
Essential Job Functions:
● Manage the daily operational priorities for the stadium and offices.
● Ensure facility management is operating and managing the effective performance of all contractor services; including any related to security; HVAC; energy management; sweeping and ongoing maintenance services.
● Handle maintenance, safety/security and building, site related issues.
● Handle all HVAC, Lighting, and management systems.
● Responsible for facility management/troubleshooting, which includes making repairs, cleaning and prep for the season and games.
● Assist with all aspects of facility operations for games and events.
● Handles any and all pre-game and post-game planning and responsibility by having stadium operate at a satisfactory level for games.
● Assist in hiring all day of game employees and seasonal hires in regard to the operational experience areas of the stadium.
● Supervises day of game employee and seasonal hires related to the general operations of the stadium’s maintenance and fan experience.
● Training of seasonal employees that are hired yearly.
● Develop and manage the scheduling of all those employed for the department.
● Work with leaderships to coordinate and schedule work by outside contractors.
● Ensure compliance of safety standards in accordance with local, state and federal regulation.
● All other duties assigned
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
● Required to work long hours standing and walking around during season and events.
● Sitting, standing, walking, reaching with arms and hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, or crouching are all part of this position.
● Must be able to handle weather related elements such as rain and heat.
The information provided in this job description is designed to provide the general nature and level of work performed by team members within the job classification. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all work duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. This job description will be updated, modified and revised by the Company, at its sole discretion, from time to time as it deems necessary to meet the business needs of the Company.