LEGACY MOTOR CLUB is a professional auto racing club owned by businessman and entrepreneur Maurice J. Gallagher and seven-time NASCAR Cup Series champion (NCS) Jimmie Johnson. The club competes full-time in the NCS fielding the Nos. 42 and 43 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. Richard Petty “The King” serves as team ambassador.
In 2021, Gallagher acquired Richard Petty Motorsports and renamed the team to Petty GMS. With the addition of Johnson to the ownership structure in 2023, the organization rebranded to LEGACY MOTOR CLUB (LEGACY M.C.). With a unique title signifying a nod to car clubs of past eras, LEGACY M.C. is an inclusive club for all motorsport enthusiasts to celebrate the past and future legacies of its members, while competing for wins and championships at NASCAR’s elite level. In 2022, in its first year of operation, Petty GMS with driver Erik Jones won one of the sport’s premier events, the Southern 500 at Darlington. In 2024, Legacy M.C. will make a move to Toyota vehicles with enhanced manufacturer support.
Based in Statesville, N.C., LEGACY M.C. operates alongside GMS Racing (GMS), which currently fields three full-time entries in the NASCAR Truck Series. Since the formation of GMS in 2012, Gallagher and Mike Beam, team president, have shared incredible success. GMS Racing captured the 2015 ARCA Racing Series championship, the 2016 and 2020 NASCAR Truck Series championships and the 2019 and 2020 ARCA East championships, accumulating over 65 wins across six national racing circuits.
The successful candidate will be responsible growing the overall revenue for Legacy MC through the pursuit of world class sponsors and strategic partnerships for all of Legacy Motor Club programs and operations, including NASCAR Cup Series and other assets owned by Legacy MC. This includes the introduction, negotiating, and closing of single-year and multi-year sponsorship programs and becoming the revenue leader of a world class sponsorship sales organization. The successful candidate will be located in the Legacy MC offices in Statesville, NC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Initiate opportunities, lead development process, close, and help activate sponsorship opportunities for the organization. This includes managing contract negotiations, asset allocations and deal components.
· Ability to grow the total revenue of the organization. Create new platforms that deliver value to sponsors beyond stickers on cars. These platforms could include but are not limited to: digital media, content production/distribution, esports, sports betting/gaming.
· Work with company leadership to coordinate the writing and signing of agreements and contracts that reflect the agreed upon sponsor-team relationship.
· Anticipate market trends in sports and entertainment sponsorship competitive activities and customer’s strategies to identify and size appropriate opportunities for the company. Maintain competitive analyses of all similar sales deals within the sports, entertainment, and other pertinent industries.
· Assess present sales structure and develop a comprehensive plan to create a world class, proactive organization to maximize the ability to increase the company’s sales and margin goals. Present to Team Owner/CEO and President and when approved, implement necessary changes.
· Continue to build strong relationships with present sponsorship partners working with professionals at all levels to truly understand their business and sales strategies in order to enhance present sponsorship relationships. Oversee sales cycle from early-stage involvement such as concept of item to market.
· Contribute to the leadership team in the development of both tactical and strategic plans. Constantly monitor market and competition activities and provide feedback to Team Owner/ CEO, President and other members of the leadership team and other functional areas when appropriate. Cultivate strong working relationship and communication between all departments within the company.
· When appropriate, attend pertinent race events and ensure all sponsors, sponsor-partners, potential sponsors, and guests understand and receive appropriate entertainment value for their contributions to the teams. In addition, represent the company demonstrating potential value to prospective sponsor organizations of involvement with Legacy MC in motorsports and beyond.
· At least seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience in successful partnership sales. This must include selling solutions within a business-to-business market and a track record of effectively creating a robust pipeline of profitable sales.
· Demonstrated track record of developing, managing, and closing six, seven, and eight figure multi-year sponsorship deals with multiple deal elements including (but not limited to) sponsorship, media, marketing and on-site activation in the sports, entertainment or other pertinent industry where one is selling an intangible product or service.
· Experience in a conceptual sales and marketing environment. Track record of success in creating unique concepts through aggregating assets, developing a value proposition, and establishing premium pricing.
· Strong negotiation skills and a track record of effectively completing contracts with business partners is necessary; A very strong understanding of business and how businesses operate is necessary; this includes solid analytical skills and understanding of P&L’s; some acumen in contract law would be helpful.
· A strong aptitude and understanding of digital and other media assets and offerings.
· Proven ability to successfully operate among senior executive levels on the client side up to and including C-Suite executives.
· Willingness to work nights, weekends, and possibly some holidays and willingness to travel as necessary.