Interviewing 101 - Flip the script
At the end of an interview, when the interviewer asks if you have any questions for them, remember the answer is always YES. The interviewer will come away feeling you truly care about the process and the fit if you ask thought out questions.
YOU, the candidate, are interviewing them just as much as they are interviewing you.
Below are some of my favorites:
- How would you describe the company’s culture?
- What is your favorite thing about working for this company?
- How do you think the company defines and/or demonstrates it’s values?
- What do you think are the most important qualities this person hired should possess?
- What soft skills do you think will serve the company and the position best?
- Is this a new position? If not, why did the person before me leave the role?
- Do you have any hesitations about my qualifications?
- What is your timeline and what are the next steps?