HAPPY VALLEY UNITED - GENERAL MANAGER, BASKETBALL
Updated: Jul 31
Happy Valley United was established in 2023 to serve all 31 sports and 800+ student-athletes at Penn State University in NIL. Our mission is to work with student-athletes to maximize their name, image, and likeness (NIL) in the community. This role will be focused on men's and women's basketball NIL efforts for the collective and those student-athletes.
Management – Reporting to the CEO for Happy Valley United, lead a growing team to support the NIL efforts made up of revenue leaders and an activation team working with the basketball student-athletes.
Revenue Generation – Work with donors and local businesses who wish to engage with these basketball student-athletes. Raise new revenue from identified donors, businesses, and individuals. Provide strategic summaries and plan meetings with key donors/supporters.
Athletics Administration – Work with the advisory board and the collective CEO to be the primary liaison for basketball with athletics administration.
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university
· At least five (5) years of experience in college athletics fundraising or sports sponsorship
· Demonstrated understanding of Name, Image, and Likeness as it relates to the collegiate athletics space
· Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong and lasting relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
· Strong sales and presentation skills
· Conscientious attention to detail, proactive and self-motivated
· Must demonstrate a high level of integrity and honesty
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-level results
· Ability to travel and work nights/weekends as needed
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite(s)
· Role is located in or near State College, PA
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org