DIRECTOR OF MARKETING - MECUM AUCTIONS
Mecum Auctions, a family-run company headquartered in Walworth, Wisconsin, is the world leader in collector car, vintage and antique motorcycle, and Road Art sales. With over 35 years of experience in live auctions, Mecum hosts 15-20 world-class events annually throughout the United States. These highly anticipated auctions, which collectively feature more than 20,000 lots per year, can be enjoyed by car enthusiasts from all over the country as they are broadcast live on MotorTrend TV. Founded by President Dana Mecum in 1988, Mecum Auctions continues to be at the forefront of the industry, offering exceptional buying and selling opportunities for collectors and enthusiasts alike.
The Director of Marketing for Mecum Auctions will bring experience and expertise in live events and corporate marketing including branding, media buying, print and digital advertising, social media, and PR (liaising with local municipalities, news outlets, and media).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead and inspire a team of marketing professionals, providing direction, guidance, and support in executing marketing strategies for the company.
· Oversee all marketing and PR efforts for Mecum Auctions. These efforts include all advertising, media strategy, promotions, PR, social media, and marketing operations.
· Develop and implement strategic marketing plans and campaigns to effectively position the organization and its products or services in the market.
· Manage marketing budgets and allocate resources effectively to maximize return on investment and return on objective.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and executive marketing programs that align with overall business objectives and sponsor partnerships.
· Identify and assess new market opportunities and potential areas for growth.
· Establish consistency of brand message (print & digital) across multiple networks.
· Work with senior level team to ensure proper messaging is being distributed.
· Negotiate and facilitate on-site promotional programs.
· Work closely with TV partner, MotorTrend TV, to ensure consistent messaging.
· Conduct market research to understand target audiences, competitors, market trends, and use this data to inform marketing strategies.
· Analyze marketing metrics and key performance indicators to evaluate effectiveness of marketing initiatives and make data-driven decisions for future campaigns.
· Stay updated with industry trends, innovations, and best practices in marketing to ensure the organization continues to evolve its position as the industry leader.
· Coordinate and oversee branding and communication efforts to ensure consistent messaging and image across all marketing channels.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including customers, partners, and media outlets.
· Other duties as assigned by Chief Operating Officer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· At least six (6) to eight (8) years of experience in a marketing role at a large sports, track and/or live event company or venue is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience in live event marketing.
· Automotive experience preferred.
· Significant experience in developing advertising, new products, media plans, and working with sales personnel.
· Ability to coordinate high work volume and pressing time requirements.
· Ability to make sound business decisions after careful analysis of research data/surveys.
· Effective time management, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work both independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
· Must be willing to travel and have the ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.