Business Development Manager CBD - Pocono Organics (CLOSED)
Updated: Jun 8
Pocono Organics is one of the largest Regenerative Organic Farms in North America, sprawling over 380 acres in Long Pond, Pennsylvania. Pocono Organics has partnered with Rodale Institute, the largest independent organic research station in the world and true pioneers and industry leaders in regenerative organic farming practices.
We have built more than 38,000 square feet of greenhouse growing space during our first phase of construction, and our greenhouses stand at 35 feet tall! Currently, Pocono Organics is a USDA Certified Organic Farm and soon will be Regenerative Organic Certified. Our efforts focus on the gold standards of regenerative, sustainable, and organic requirements.
Pocono Organics has been designed to LEED Standards and is powered by a 3MW 25-acre solar farm that is also used to supply power for Pocono Raceway. Another unique feature is Pocono Organic’s main office and processing facility, which is designed to include a 30,000 square-foot living vegetative roof and 38,000-square-feet of greenhouse roof that is filtered and re-used for irrigation of greenhouses crops.
Pocono Organics mindfully blends leading-edge regenerative organic farming techniques to produce high-quality, USDA certified organic full-spectrum hemp extract. Our full-spectrum hemp products offer a powerful combination of cannabinoids – naturally abundant with CBD - that can take your wellness routine to a new level!
We offer a variety of products to meet a wide-range of functional and wellness needs. Select products are formulated with Nano-Particle water-soluble technology, making them instantly bio-available. We hand harvest each hemp plant and hang them to dry naturally (instead of traditional machine drying.) This hand-crafted process preserves the quality of the plant as a whole, as well as the terpenes. The result: high quality products you can trust!
Position Summary: The Business Development Manager – CBD will be responsible for driving sales inside retail partners to help establish Pocono Organics as a leader in the CBD industry. We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who wants to be at the forefront of this wellness revolution. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the work they do and will help support our company vision, “Sustainability is not just about what to conserve but believe it’s about using what Mother Earth provides in a responsible way for us and generations to come”.
· Generate business development opportunities for Pocono Organics Full-Spectrum Hemp CBD product line within both small and large retail clients
· Develop leads into opportunities by nurturing relationships and helping partners/clients understand the Pocono Organics CBD brand offering
· Lead the key learning and strategic planning process for relevant retailers
· Lead and negotiate key customer agreements that align with Pocono Organics strategies and enable sustainable business growth
· Identify, cultivate, manage, and execute on all relationship-based growth marketing channels
· Maintain working knowledge of Pocono Organics CBD products and solutions along with knowledge of Pocono Organics CBD competitors
The Right Person Would Have:
· At least three (3) to five (5) years sales experience
· In-depth understanding of the CPG/Retail industry and overall retailer landscape, including: sales, marketing, and business analytics
· Experience building sustainable executive level relationships with key contacts both internally and externally
· Ability to take initiative and an entrepreneurial mindset
· Comfort with the sales lifecycle and able to work in fast paced environments
· Strong negotiation skills
· General curiosity about Organics & CBD products and possess the innate ability to inspire that passion in others
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have interest in learning more.