ONE MARYLAND COLLECTIVE (UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND) - SALES & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER SPONSORSHIP
One Maryland Collective was established in 2023 to serve all 20 sports and 500+ student-athletes at the University of Maryland. Our mission is to work with student-athletes to maximize their name, image, and likeness (NIL) in the community. This role will be focused on revenue generation for the collective in support of all Maryland student-athletes.
• Revenue Generation – Develop strategy and implementing research, relationship-building, solicitation, and stewardship for a growing individual, corporate and foundation donor program. Provide education on NIL, the history of it at Maryland and the impact previous efforts have made. Create presentation materials and provide strategic summaries for key donors/supporters.
• Account Management – Provide top level customer service to donors, businesses, and individuals who support Maryland student-athletes.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university
• At least two (2) years of experience in sponsorship sales or business development
• Demonstrated understanding of Name, Image, and Likeness as it relates to the collegiate athletics space
• Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong and lasting relationships with relevant internal and
• Strong sales and presentation skills
• Conscientious attention to detail, proactive and self-motivated
• Must demonstrate a high level of integrity and honesty
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-level results
• Ability to travel and work nights/weekends as needed
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite(s)
• Role is located in or near College Park, MD